Here is a short list of court offices at the sultan’s palace. The link points to the pages of emirs who occupied those functions. For the emblems associated with the offices go to the Symbols’ Lexicon.
Most of this offices were held by the khāṣṣakī-s, slaves chosen for their physical beauty and trained close to the sultan.
- Sāqī (cup-bearer)
- Jamdār (master of the robes)
- Dawādār (secretary or pen-box bearer)
- Jāshnigīr (taster)
- Silaḥdār (armour-bearer)
- Bunduqdār (bow-bearer)
- Jūkandār (polo-sticks bearer)
- Shādd al-dawāwīn (superintendent of the chancelleries)
- Barīdī (dispatch-rider)
- Jumaḳdār (mace-bearer?)
- ‘Alamdār (standard bearer?)
- Tabldār (member of the royal orchestra?)